Thursday, July 18, 2013

Vegan Pizza

Friends,
I have found the impossible: vegan pizza!  There is a pizza place right off my metro stop (you would literally walk straight into it if you came off the escalator not paying attention), and this place is called Pete's Apizza.  They have vegan cheese to put on your pizza (but not vegan pizza by the slice)!  Not only that, I also got gluten free crust (because it was smaller and I heard gluten makes you puff out over your pants so now I'm also trying to eat less of that).  This place is great; you have basically unlimited topping options and they are  not one of those cheap $0.50 a topping places (seriously how stingy can you be?)  So I got my 12" gluten free vegan cheese pizza with red onion and roasted whole garlic (clearly I was not on a date because these are not good breath toppings).  And you know what?  I LOVED this pizza!




Now I am not going to lie, the melted vegan cheese has a creamy stickiness to it that is not like regular pizza cheese, more like a fancy cheese you cannot pronounce that you buy to make guests think you are more cultured than you really are.  But it really was good and I would definately eat it again (in fact I will when I get home because I couldn't eat that whole pizza in one sitting).  And to spice it up a little, I added, something so surprising, roasted red pepper flakes!  The only thing I will say is that I was not a huge fan of was the amount of garlic on the pizza, it was alarming at first.  However, the taste was not over whelming, but I still picked some off so I would not smell like garlic all week.

When I got home I wanted something sweet, but ate all my So Delicious bars.  Then I remembered the rediculously expensive organic pianpple I bought so I cut that sucker up, paired it with some of my organic grapes, and had a light and sweet dessert that I could be proud of.  Overall, it was a wonderful day to be a vegan.



No comments:

Post a Comment