Monday, July 22, 2013

Lentil Tacos

Hola amigos,
I hope your weekends were lovely and not too hot because I was really concerned that I was melting on Saturday.
But before I melted away into misery, I made these delicious lentil tacos I found here.  And let me tell you, they were so delicious! I am salivating while writing this because I want to eat my leftover-taco-lunch right now.
So I basically just followed all the directions but used low-sodium taco seasoning and skipped the sour cream sauce, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes (but I did put on daiya cheddar "cheese" but I liked them better without).  I added some corn into the mix because 1. I think corn goes with almost everything, and 2. it added the nice juicy sweetness that corn always does.

pre-corn photo once it was fully cooked                         with the added corn


Now these might not look appetizing to you, but I find ground beef revolting so to each their own.
I wanted to add something to the tacos that would be refreshing and make it seem more authentic Mexican that was not lettuce (because I think eating lettuce on hot food is gross).  So I made my favorite topping guacamole (seriously what is better than a giant bowl of guac and endless corn chips?)
I like my guacamole chunky with lots of garlic and a hint a jalapeno.
I also boiled up some string beans because I had them and then feasted on my meal.


I had another massive taco after that because they were just so good.  I felt like Olive from Easy A at the lobster restaurant.  If you don't know what I'm talking about look at the picture below, and if you haven't seen it seriously go watch it, it's hilarious.

P.S. I am the happiest big sister ever today because my sissy is home from Africa finally!

2 comments:

  1. Try this...super delicious.

    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/blogs/fitstop/2013/01/04/healthy-eating/2-ways-to-take-a-culinary-vacation-in-your-own-kitchen/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I will have to try it out! Sorry I did not see this comment earlier, hope you're having a lovely end of summer!

      Delete