Thursday, July 11, 2013

Not a Great Day

Today I had to leave work early because of a migraine.  It was horrendous.  Then I got home and laid in the dark for hours and ate a little bit of my left overs of my tofu and stir fry (still delicious by the way).
After my pity party in the dark/nap, I woke up with a headache instead of a migraine and the Advil helped me not want to rip my brains out. For dinner I tried to make the vegan pesto I found here.  It did not turn out correctly and I'm pretty sure I know why.  (For those of you who do not know, I am living in a sublet apartment in DC so I mostly just brought clothes with me and rely on my subletter to provide me with furniture and kitchen belongings.)
So here are the reason I believe my pesto did not turn out great:
1. Her blender is not the best and did not finely blend the basil leaves.  They ended up just being big shredded chunks instead of a paste.
2. I also cannot find any measuring instruments like a teaspoon, measuring cup, etc.  I had to just guess the amounts for the ingredients.
3. I did not have any fresh lemons because I didn't go to the grocery store today due to my migraine.
4. I also did not add any extra veggies to my dish like they did on Veggieful, I just put this mishmash pesto on whole wheat pasta.
So here it is, with the Parmesan cheese substitute I made from my first post sprinkled on top.
 Because this post seems kind of whiny I wanted to also add these beautiful flowers I saw this morning in the butterfly garden that is next to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  I cut through it every morning on my way to work and I just love seeing all that natural beauty in the heart of DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment