Monday, January 20, 2014

Guilt-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and Garlic Fries

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone!

Please remember to appreciate all the work set into motion by one of the greatest men to walk this earth!!

I was away for a while because of two reasons:
1. My boyfriend came back from Thailand so in between spending every moment with him and class, I had no time to blog.  Plus most of what I made him I already put on here.
2. I went home this weekend to see August Wilson's "Fences" at Princeton's McCarter Theatre directed by none other than Phylicia Rashad (GASP, OMG)!!!!
Me, Miss Rashad, my sissy, and my BFF
I have to stay she is one of the most eloquent, beautiful, talented, amazing people I have ever seen speak or had the privilege to meet.  She was everything you expected Claire Huxtable to be and more.  If you are in the surrounding area (or 5 hours away like me) go and see this play, you will not be disappointed.


Back to the food.

One day this past week I decided to make chocolate chip cookies.  I used to make these  all the time when I was a vegetarian and wanted to veganize them.  
So, instead of an egg while I used about 4/5th of a medium/large banana all mashed up, coconut oil instead of vegetable, and earth balance instead of butter.  They were SO good, but you have to like banana because they did taste like banana chocolate chip cookies.  And they always stay gooey which is good if that's what you like!

I don't have patience to make them as small as she says to on her website so mine are normal sized cookies.
Last week I made the corn fritters again, one of my new favorite things, and I also made these garlic fries I found online here.  I did not make as many as the recipe calls for because it was just for me and my boo, but they were so delicious, so give them a try if you want something new.
They are calling for lots of snow in this area tomorrow so let's pray for sunshine and warm weather because I am not into cold and wet weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment