Thursday, January 23, 2014

Easy Peasy Pizza

Hello fellow lazy vegans of the world!

Today I finished my interterm class (3 week class taken in January at my college to count for 3 credits) and then laid in bed with my pooch binge watching Netflix.  It was great but soon my stomach was growling and my little pup needed a potty break.  After our walk in the freezing tundra that has become Harrisonburg VA, I decided to make myself some lunch.

I had some leftover tomato sauce in the fridge, and I am running very low on produce and quick perishables because I was home last weekend AND going home today for a long weekend full of birthday celebrations for my mama! 

As I was saying, I had leftover sauce and a growling stomach.  For whatever reason, I decided on pizza.  So I quickly cut up some of my leftover sour dough bread, spread some olive oil on it, and then the tomato sauce I had.  Due to the fact I have no fresh garlic I put garlic powder on it (you know I am running low on food supplies when I don't have any garlic bulbs)!


 I put them in a brownie pan because of two reasons:
1. I was afraid the tomato sauce might seep through the bread and make a giant mess (which didn't even come close to happening).
2. I don't have any cookie sheets to use so this was the next best thing.

Of course I also sprinkled roasted red pepper flakes on the sauce, salt and pepper.  I should have put some oregano on now that I think about it, I will have to save that for next time!

Then I put some Daiya mozzarella shreds on top with cut up onion because I love onion on my pizza.  I put them in the oven at 375, for about 10 minutes and then I added more roasted red pepper flakes and enjoyed all three pieces (whoopsie)!

Pre-Oven

Post-Oven

I know what you're thinking, out of the oven looks the same as before the oven, but you're wrong.  I just take these photos with my phone because it is the only camera I have currently.  In reality the cheese is melty and the onions and much softer because they have been cooked.

The best part of this recipe is that anyone can make it with essentially anything.  I LOVE to make quesadilla pizzas; basically I just spread beans over a tortilla and then whatever toppings I want on top, and cook it in a pan until it is all warm and the tortilla is crispy.  Then I cut it up and eat it as fast as I can because I have no self-control.

I thought this would be a good idea to share with you all because you don't have to go out and buy anything, as long as you have some type of bread and something to spread on it you can make yourself a meal (more or less).

No comments:

Post a Comment