Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stumbling into a Street Fiesta!

So yesterday my friends and I were walking around exploring Barcelona when we stumbled upon this amazing street festival that was dedicated solely to food and drinks.  I found out after that it was the Mercat de Mercats event.  So at first it seemed like it was just all meat and cheese and I was going to be out of luck.  BUT, I have said it before and I will say it again, you need to just ask!
I saw an amazing pasta tent and asked if any of the dishes they had made were without meat or cheese and they gave me a huge plate of amazing pesto pasta.  And it was only 2 euros!  That is really cheap for that heaping pile of pasta!
A little bit oily because it was the bottom of the bowl
Then, you guys won't believe it but I actually got to have a chocolate filled pastry that was vegan!  I did not know this could happen outside of a specialty store.  I asked the man running the stall twice if there were eggs or dairy in them and he swore there was not (and accompanied that with a weird look; I highly doubt he gets these questions a lot).  Boy oh boy was that a delicious treat!  And it was 2.50 euros and I split it with my two friends because it was massive.  I mean seriously, look at the size of those things.
I had the dark chocolate filled one on the left.
 I also ended up buying a fresh mojito, which just completed my meal so well.  I had all this great food, with great friends, and a great view for under 6 euros.  Not a bad Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment